Premed 101 Forums

Which MCAT score to use?

Hi there,

I am wondering which mcat score to use, as this is my first time applying for Calgary. I have a score of 32M (verbal 9) and 30Q (verbal 11)

I am guessing that my 30Q should be the one to use since verbal itself is taken more into consideration for Calgary (10%) than a lot of other schools.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I too am wondering which MCAT score I should use for U of C.

My choices are 11 VR, 14 BS, 8 PS, R WS (33R) or 11 VR, 12 BS, 10 PS, O WS (33O).

My VR score was the same for both so I can't use that criteria to decide. My writing sample and BS scores are higher for the first one but my PS is quite low.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight?

Thanks!

My choices are 11 VR, 14 BS, 8 PS, R WS (33R) or 11 VR, 12 BS, 10 PS, O WS (33O).

My VR score was the same for both so I can't use that criteria to decide. My writing sample and BS scores are higher for the first one but my PS is quite low.

Thanks!

I would use the more balanced score: 33O (8 will stand out like a sore thumb otherwise).

Thanks!

In the end, I really doubt it matters as to which one you pick, but yeah, I'd go with the second one too.

Archived