Premed 101 Forums

Financing

Guest cpltanto

Guest cpltanto

Hey guys,

been looking at how to finance myself thru med school

i want some feedback on student loans, lines of credit....and scholarships/bursaries

so far for uofa i've only found this:

www.med.ualberta.ca/educa...saries.cfm

which seems really small compared to bursary info of other schools.

Another option is NADC, but i dont really want to commit to working in the North cause I really dont know what specialty, etc... i'll be doing

Guest summervirus

The UofA will be providing more information later on. During your first week of med school, there are a few talks arranged about this issue and you'll also have the opportunity to set up appointments with MD Management and different banks for this.

Guest cpltanto

so you apply for student loans and LOC's once school has started? dang, thought that would be like really rushing it... but guess not if thats how the system works

(would be nice to kinda know my financial backing prior to commencement of school....i'd like to buy a new car this summer too, but maybe thats gotta wait)

Guest summervirus

Actually, once you receive your official acceptance letter, you can meet up with different bank representatives and start talking about lines of credit and other loans. That's what I did and a number of my classmates. But, I found out that if I had waited a few more months, I would have been given "better" deals catered specifically for our class.

Archived