Premed 101 Forums

Best way to utilize last week before MCAT?

Economist

I only have a little over a week before my MCAT and I'm wondering what would be the best way to spend my last week on?

Just for background, I finished EK 101 passages and have done AAMC 3 to 8 so far. (have 9 and 10 left and don't have access to #11)

I also have all of the Kaplan FL tests and their chapter question sets which I haven't touched. Also I have the Berkeley Review books which have passage questions in the back (which I heard were pretty good).

So obviously I haven't spent my time efficiently enough to not have gone through those materials...

My AAMC scores were (in chronological order):

6R - 10/7/9

7R - 11/9/10

3R - 10/7/10

5R - 9/10/11

8R - 10/7/11

I clearly need to work on my VR but I have done all the EK now and I heard Kaplan FL VR are a bad representation. Also I've gone through most of AAMC now so I'm thinking maybe I should go through EK 101 passages again this week...?

And do some of those Kaplan FL sciences...?

When is the expiry date for the #11 if you buy it now? Also is it paper or online?

I know it's available online, and at this point all of your practice FLs should be online.

As an aside, how did you do AAMC 6? That one was retired a few years ago.

I know it's available online, and at this point all of your practice FLs should be online.

As an aside, how did you do AAMC 6? That one was retired a few years ago.

From TPR tests. (which they bought from AAMC the right to use i'm guessing?) They are older versions too (77Q's for BS and PS)

So I'm not really sure what happens when you buy a test online. Can you re-take the tests any many times as you want? Also is there an expiry date or can I re-use it next summer (if I decide to re-take) without paying again?

When is the expiry date for the #11 if you buy it now? Also is it paper or online?

You pay 35$ and you get it for a year in paper and online versions but I would suggest doing the online one. It is very similar to the actual test. Also I found that the AAMC verbal stuff is really the closest to the real thing. EK is next in line, but even then its not super close IMO.

From TPR tests. (which they bought from AAMC the right to use i'm guessing?) They are older versions too (77Q's for BS and PS)

So I'm not really sure what happens when you buy a test online. Can you re-take the tests any many times as you want? Also is there an expiry date or can I re-use it next summer (if I decide to re-take) without paying again?

You can use them as much as you'd like for one year. You buy them from http://www.e-mcat.com.

#3 is the Easiest. Yes all the others are like 3/like the real mcat. Same features. Also if you just want the tests, i would try searching for them on google...you could probably find them for free....if you know what i'm talkin bout ;)

Search for "MCAT the gold Standard" or "MCAT Prepz" on the "proper" sites that deal with people and ships and waters and BAYS (blank of the Caribbean)......and get that whole package. It has all the TPR, Kaplan, and AAMC tests included.

Or just buy 11 and be comfortable with the tools. It's only $35....eat less junk food for a month and save up

Search for "MCAT the gold Standard" or "MCAT Prepz" on the "proper" sites that deal with people and ships and waters and BAYS (blank of the Caribbean)

HAHA! This has got to be one of the funniest things Ive read on this forum. LOL. Little late in the game for me, but thanks, I downloaded it overnight, just to have it. Lots of cool stuff in it for sure.

Archived