Premed 101 Forums

Where to take prerequisite classes?

Hello everybody,

I am an international educated applicant.I want to apply for Cardiovascular Perfusion program in Michener college and they said I need to complete the following university courses:

◦Human Anatomy (with Lab) or Human Physiology

◦Algebra or Calculus

◦General Physics (including lab component)

◦Physical Chemistry

and minimum of 0.5 credit for each prerequisite with minimum grade of 60% is needed.

-But I'm not familiar with Canadian educational system and I am wondering Where to take prerequisite classes? ?

-and how long it takes to finish 0.5 credit of each of these prerequisite courses?

-Is there online courses available?:confused:

Application Deadline for this program is February 1, 2013.

I would appreciate any help

• 4 weeks later...
Hello everybody,

I am an international educated applicant.I want to apply for Cardiovascular Perfusion program in Michener college and they said I need to complete the following university courses:

◦Human Anatomy (with Lab) or Human Physiology

◦Algebra or Calculus

◦General Physics (including lab component)

◦Physical Chemistry

and minimum of 0.5 credit for each prerequisite with minimum grade of 60% is needed.

-But I'm not familiar with Canadian educational system and I am wondering Where to take prerequisite classes? ?

-and how long it takes to finish 0.5 credit of each of these prerequisite courses?

-Is there online courses available?:confused:

Application Deadline for this program is February 1, 2013.

I would appreciate any help

I'm sorry that no one replied to you sooner. You can take online courses, but when a course requires a lab component you will have to attend an institution. I recommend applying to any university within Ontario (University of Toronto, Queen's University, University of Waterloo, McMaster, York University, etc.) as an open studies student or directly into a BSc program. You can complete all of the prerequisites that way.

A 0.5 credit course is referring to a half year course (I think), in other words, one semester. You could complete Human Anatomy, Physics I, Chemistry I, and Calculus I, in one semester easily.

I hope this helps :)

Archived