Premed 101 Forums

what to do next two weeks

dirka

Hi everyone.. I am writing in early september and I'm not sure how to best spend the next few weeks. It may have been a better idea to write earlier in the summer considering I'm decent in my practice scores, but I booked MCAT way early and worked full time this summer (just finished my job) and I had heard that it was difficult to do that so I booked it late..

I've done AAMC 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10 already and average between 34-35 on them, slightly weaker in VR (surprise!) but it should be fine. I am planning to save 11 for maybe the week before writing as the final test, but I only have AAMC 4 and 8 left otherwise.

I didn't take a class - I actually studied purely off the EK books + EK101 verbal passages but I am in possession of 2010 TPR science books and the EK1001 series as well. So that's like 1000s of practice questions that I could potentially do over the next few weeks. I guess I could try doing all of them but is it even worth it? Which would you guys recommend? Just choosing topics I'm weak in like electromagnetism etc? I think I'm pretty strong in the science but I am rusty with formulas and sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how to attack a question in practice tests.

Also I've heard that the bio section especially is different now than the practice AAMCs. What practice material in your opinion is more representative of what I might see on test day? Is it more of the experiments that don't require much bio knowledge but rather analytical skills? I think I prefer that because to be honest I don't know much of the hardcore bio facts stuff that some people might!

Sorry for the essay, and thanks in advance!!

Archived