Premed 101 Forums

Role of LORs and conf. assessment

The language in the application guide has changed a little bit as it refers to selection. Instead of saying that the second formula would determine a rank list to select applicants for "collation"(that's always been very foggy to me in terms of whether they look at ECs etc or not), it now says that the formula(which is not actually listed as such but is on the website) and the confidential assessments will determine who is selected.

So do we think that means that the rank list is made and then the LORs are checked to make sure there's nothing that would concern them? Or maybe the top however are reviewed in entirety and this is just another way to word the same thing?

Any thoughts? I know it's just speculation but I was just wondering what other people think. Unless anyone has actually asked exactly what the process is?

Thanks!

Yeah, unfortunately I think trojjanhorse is right. It's a little misleading because there's all this emphasis on the formulae when in reality the final selection criteria is a mystery. My gut feeling is that the formulae are the primary influences and all the other info is checked for red flags, but that's just based on.... well nothing really.

Archived