Premed 101 Forums

Interview offer and rejection notice

Guest muchdutch

Guest muchdutch

Does the U of A send rejection notice and offers for interview out together? Or do they send out rejections first like a few other schools seem to be already doing? Anybody know?

Guest medsmurf

I was rejected last year without interview at the U of A and I didn't receive my rejection letter until sometime in June or July. I think they probably sent out all rejection letters at the same time for those who interviewed as well as those who did not interview. It was a bit ridiculous not getting an interview and waiting all the way until the summer to finally get an official rejection letter.

Guest muchdutch

Yikes! That's a long wait. Are you OOP? Did you call them and ask about the status of your app? Were you possibly just missed in the shuffle of papers, or did they actually make you wait until then to hear? That sounds horrid. I'm sure you were pulling your hair out!

Guest medsmurf

I just looked back at some previous threads and I had posted that I got my rejection letter on June 21 to be exact and it seems there were many other people in my same position p090.ezboard.com/fpremed1...ID=6.topic

I was an in-prov applicant and I did email them a couple of times but didn't receive a response although I never did try and phone.

Guest Tricolore20

Things could be different this year, as it appears that interviews will only be conducted in February. In previous years, if you didn't get an interview in February, there was still a very small chance (non 2nd/3rd yr applicants) that you would get one in May. Without May interviews this year, perhaps rejections will come out sooner.

Guest muchdutch

Hopefully rejections will come sooner. I would just like to know either way. If they don't send out the rejection it's so easy to hold out a tiny shred of hope. :\ At least with the actual letter, you can quash that hope and get on with considering next year!

Guest Maple21

So are we not going to find out about interviews until after feb. 1st? i'm oop and would like to find out sooner rather than later for getting a reasonable price for a flight. Any experience from previous applicants/current students about when interview notices came?

Also, maybe these have been posted elsewhere, but are there any profiles (gpa, mcat, EC's) of other oop students who have had an interview at u of alberta? i have a 3.8 prereq gpa and 31R mcat (10B, 10P, 11V) and a reasonable range of EC. Is that competitive as an oop applicant at alberta?

Any info would be great!

Guest kellyl20

depends. On your last year of a degree or have a degree already? No degree is harder as only 2 or 3 OOP per year for those with no degree. Since you will have your degree, then you will not be in this ultra competitive pool.

Guest Lactic Folly

If you go to the old Alberta forum, there is a sticky thread at the top with a list of people's stats. My letter was sent out near the end of January.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kaymcee

Was this resolved? Does UofA send out both interview invites and rejections at the same time? i.e. Should I keep up hope, or pretty much count myself rejected by Monday if nothing appears in my mailbox?

Guest Papoose
If you go to the old Alberta forum, there is a sticky thread at the top with a list of people's stats. My letter was sent out near the end of January.

Can you link that up? I can't seem to find it

Archived