Premed 101 Forums

Another volunteer as a verifier?

Hello, I am wondering if listing another volunteer as a verifier will look bad on my application?

It is for one of my volunteer position in high school that I stopped after graduation. It was at a local elementary school but the teacher sort of signed for my log book then it was kept in my high school leadership course record. But they dont keep the records in high school anymore and the teacher changed in elementary school so they won't likely to remember me.

I'm worried that they will call the elementary school directly, in which case they won't have the record available since the teacher just signed it on that day.

You shouldn't really be using high school activities at all but if you have to then I'd ask the teacher again (it's not very clear from your post whether the teacher is around still or just won't remember you) or even the current principal. If not, then yeah, it's more than appropriate to get a co-volunteer.

You shouldn't really be using high school activities at all but if you have to then I'd ask the teacher again (it's not very clear from your post whether the teacher is around still or just won't remember you) or even the current principal. If not, then yeah, it's more than appropriate to get a co-volunteer.

It wasn't a formal volunteer thing. It was like we drop in whenever we want, and they would give us a signature. So the original teacher in charge of the activity probably won't remember me (it was a while ago). And the teacher is changed now, and she doesn't even know me.

This was for my high school but my high school teacher doesn't know what I did. He doesnt keep the records..

Only one that remembers me would be the co-volunteer and I rather not have the possibility of them rejecting my activity which is just a filler and cause me more damage. I can't really ask them because I don't have their contact information so I'll have to go back to home and pay them a visit, but it is like 2 hour ride from where I am now and I rather not do it if possible.

I have a somewhat similar quiestion...

The only athletic involvement that I can really show to date is going running 2-3 times a week. The problem is that I do it alone and at varying times throughout the day and week. How would I even go about including that on an application, since there is no one to verify it? I don't just want to leave the athletic section blank.

I have a somewhat similar quiestion...

The only athletic involvement that I can really show to date is going running 2-3 times a week. The problem is that I do it alone and at varying times throughout the day and week. How would I even go about including that on an application, since there is no one to verify it? I don't just want to leave the athletic section blank.

If you really must include it, you have no choice but to use a friend or family member as a verifier. Its not particularly advisable to do so but that's the best you can do.

Or just not include it. There is no requirement to have athletics - not even a mention of it in the help guide or evaluation criteria, at least not that I could find.

So include it if you have room, why not, but don't include it just because you want something athletic even though you have a better activity to take its place.

Archived