Premed 101 Forums

please help!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to get some advice from you guys as to what I should do this year but before that I'll lay out my academic record.

I did 2 years at york uni and than transferred to UFT, I completed my UFT degree in 4 hours. my GPA in year 1 and 2 is not competitive, but year 3 and 4 combined (full course load) was 3.93... which I know makes me competitive for western, queens, dalhouise and maybe calgary.

so I wrote my mcats this summer and although I am still waiting for my score, I do not think I met the verbal cut offs for western and queens (i am basing this on my verbal performance on my practice tests).

So these are the options Ive been debating about.. please let me know what you guys think is the best choice.

1. work full time and rewrite the mcat in janurary is I have too

2. start a masters program that I was accepted into (2 year program)

3. go back to york uni and finish the degree that I had already started... with my UFT transfer credits, i can complete this degree in a year.

I've been leaning towards going back to school... because if I can maintain another straight A average I can apply to ottawa med school and IF i can't score double digits on verbal than it woudnt matter since ottawa dosent look at mcats.

My worry is that my academic record is starting to loose messy and makes me look undecisive..

Please let me know what you think.

DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANYONE THAT GOT INTO OTTAWA MEDICAL SCHOOL THAT HAD 2 DEGREES OR DID MORE THAN 5 YEARS OF UNI?

Thanks

Archived