Premed 101 Forums

Anyone at UA from out of province?

Guest benjibert

Guest benjibert

Hello,

I am OOP from BC applying to Alberta for 2006.

Is there any successful OOP on this board going to Alberta? May you share your profile so as to give an indication of what GPA, MCAT they are looking for?

Also, does Alberta Med publish stats from former years on their website? I am not sure where to find it if they do.

Thanks.

benjibert

Guest Lactic Folly

I don't think they keep previous years' stats on the webpage (it's updated each year), unless you saved a pamphlet from before or something. There are some people's stats if you go to the old Alberta forum and click on the accepted/declined/waitlisted thread.

I'm not sure how much this will help, but here goes...

I'm from BC and I was accepted in 2004. My GPA and prereq GPA, as calculated by UofA, was 4.00 (I'm not sure how they calculated this, because my actual undergrad GPA was far from perfect... 7.95 on UVic's 9-point scale). My MCATs were 10/10/11/Q... run-of-the-mill extracurriculars and a sparkling personality :P

As someone else stated, 15% of the seats are reserved for OOP students... because many of the successful OOP applicants will choose schools closer to their actual home if they get into multiple ones, the waitlist tends to move a bit... of course this varies year by year... but rest assured that OOP students DO get accepted to this school

Hi Apna,

Did you go to UBC? If you did, I was wondering if you took Chem 233 to meet the full year organic chem requirement. I know it is only a half year course, but did UA accept another course to fulfill this requirement.

Thanks

no, sorry Togo... I went to UVic... and I took two half-year courses in Organic Chem...

you probably want to double-check what Admissions will accept to satisfy the requirement...

Archived