Premed 101 Forums

Applying for OT 2013

I think the gpa jumped a lot last year. Best way is to browse this forum for info or try to email the schools separately asking. Schools may or may not let you know.Queens should have the lowest gpa to get in. Well I read on this this forum that someone with a 3.55 got into U of T OT, but generally the applicants have gpa a lot higher then that.

I think the gpa jumped a lot last year. Best way is to browse this forum for info or try to email the schools separately asking. Schools may or may not let you know.Queens should have the lowest gpa to get in. Well I read on this this forum that someone with a 3.55 got into U of T OT, but generally the applicants have gpa a lot higher then that.

3.55 to get an MMI at mac last year

yaa if that cut off is true, then its very high

Hey Philly, do you know the cut offs for the other OT schools in ontario?

only applied to mac OT cause I was mainly aiming for PT

so thats the only for sure stat i know

I know that U of T looks at a statement of intent + GPA so i don't think a cut-off ever gets posted for this. (someone should correct me if I'm wrong)

Western, someone already posted it in a previous post (looks pretty legit)

Queens, you should find someone who got rejected from them. Their cutoffs are usually in the rejection letters.

ohh how did it turn out for PT?

I'm gonna apply to OT this year and to queens PT only since that's the only school with a reasonable GPA.

Currently studying PT at U of T

I have some stats for you (but I've posted it on many threads here already so you probs already know):

Mac PT MMI Cutoff: 3.75

U of T PT CAP Cutoff: 3.71

Western PT Cutoff: 3.82 (waitlist cutoff was at 3.75)

Queen's PT- cGPA cutoff: 2.89 / sGPA cutoff: 3.52

• 3 weeks later...

If you're talking Western, sure. 3.75 will probably get you an interview at most other Universities depending on how they grade references and/or essays and/or tests and/or previous experience when they submit for the interviews. From there, interviews are weighed more heavily than your GPA. You can see from past threads people will high GPAs that don't get it anywhere and that's the reason why. Western is the only exception since they don't have interviews, so make sure your reference letters are good (I think they still ask for them?);)

If you're talking Western, sure. 3.75 will probably get you an interview at most other Universities depending on how they grade references and/or essays and/or tests and/or previous experience when they submit for the interviews. From there, interviews are weighed more heavily than your GPA. You can see from past threads people will high GPAs that don't get it anywhere and that's the reason why. Western is the only exception since they don't have interviews, so make sure your reference letters are good (I think they still ask for them?);)

So with western its guarantee in, and the other ones i will get an interview.

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone notice in the ORPAS book the cut-off for OT at Mac is listed as 3.48 for 2011 and 2012? Is this a typo? I swear people on here (and last year's ORPAS book) said 3.55 last year??

If it was indeed 3.48 last two years that's good news! :D That seems like a pretty big typo, if it is one.

Also, someone asked about UofT's GPA requirements, from their website:

What level of academic performance would be considered competitive? What was the average last year of those admitted to the program?

The admissions average of the entry class every year has been in the A- range, or 80-84% (GPA of approximately 3.50 to 3.70).

Now if this is the admissions average of the class every year, isn't it safe to say some people will have a bit below 3.50 and some above? I'm speculating, though... Their minimum is a mid-B average.

I also don't like the fact that UofT, Queens, and UWO don't do interviews, only Mac does. I do like how generally UofT & Queens look at more than just GPA, but an interview I think would be nice, especially in a field where you are working with people so much. We all know GPA alone doesn't mean much. Also, since Mac does MMIs, it surprises me that more schools don't do interviews as well...

I don't think it's a typo, they changed the PT one that year so I doubt they missed the OT one. It may not have changed. 3.55 could have come from getting in AFTER interviews as well, since 3.48 is just the cut-off to get an interview, not to get in. And yes some will be above or below 3.5, but generally they are above 3.5 for the programs.

Thanks for that, PinkTulip... My SubGPA is 3.51, while my cumulative is 3.57 (a few Bs in my final semester brought my subgpa down), so it seems I'm right on the edge of possibly getting in or not.

But it would be really great if 3.48 is indeed the interview cut-off for Mac, I would like to at least have a shot! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived