Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Interview Invites 2012

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the double post guys, but tomorrow is the day when Dal sent out invites 2 years ago and the 21st (sunday) for last year. So tomorrow is a possibility.

I'm hopeful but aren't interviews later this year than last? could mean not til sometime next week :P very excited to see the invite though...especially with my previous credit hour concerns. Seems like this has been sorted out though... apparently Full course load of 5 has an equivalent in credit hours. By the end of this week I should have my package from memporial..need to book that flight ASAP. 3 weeks from Friday. I hope you get an invite to Dal Trojjanhorse, you seem like a good guy and considering your circumstances with your better half.

I'm hopeful but aren't interviews later this year than last? could mean not til sometime next week :P very excited to see the invite though...especially with my previous credit hour concerns. Seems like this has been sorted out though... apparently Full course load of 5 has an equivalent in credit hours. By the end of this week I should have my package from memporial..need to book that flight ASAP. 3 weeks from Friday. I hope you get an invite to Dal Trojjanhorse, you seem like a good guy and considering your circumstances with your better half.

lol I have got 3 months of waiting for Ontario and Cal. Can't help but be anxious about Dal. We'll see what happens. I won't be too bummed out if i get a regret from Dal. Thanks for the kind words. All the best to you as well.

Just thought I'd pop in and say I'm hoping the best for you guys as well (trojjanhorse, silvantes, and some others from this forum), here's hoping for tomorrow!

Thanks Gametime! hoping for all you guys as well! I don't you guys well but you seem like genuine people and that is definitely the type of people I would like to be in a school with.:) hopefully Dal will see that.

Thanks Gametime! hoping for all you guys as well! I don't you guys well but you seem like genuine people and that is definitely the type of people I would like to be in a school with.:) hopefully Dal will see that.

lol thanks, but I don't have my hopes too high as I'm OOP with a 3.80Dal and 11/11/11/Q. If they do give me a full file review, then I may have a shot as my ECs are a lot stronger than my grades and MCAT

lol thanks, but I don't have my hopes too high as I'm OOP with a 3.80Dal and 11/11/11/Q. If they do give me a full file review, then I may have a shot as my ECs are a lot stronger than my grades and MCAT

A 33Q is a pretty good MCAT, and it's balanced, which is nice. OOP is pretty competitive, but I think they put a fair bit of weight on the OOPs ability to demonstrate a connection to the maritimes. And ECs count for a big part of the score at Dal, so having strong ECs will def help. 3.8 might be a little low for OOP, 33Q should be in the competitive range, and good ECs might be enough to offset the gpa (provided they take a liking to your commitment to the maritimes).

Looks like they didn't send them out today though (at least hopefully haha)

A 33Q is a pretty good MCAT, and it's balanced, which is nice. OOP is pretty competitive, but I think they put a fair bit of weight on the OOPs ability to demonstrate a connection to the maritimes. And ECs count for a big part of the score at Dal, so having strong ECs will def help. 3.8 might be a little low for OOP, 33Q should be in the competitive range, and good ECs might be enough to offset the gpa (provided they take a liking to your commitment to the maritimes).

i guess time will tell :)

yeah really...lol. will feel relieved when I see it. Trojjanhorse I'm hopeful you will get an interview and then you should stand a very good chance..I am sure there are unsocial geniuses out there who have the perfect marks but cannot function properly in social settings. You seem to be socially able..lol:D

yeah really...lol. will feel relieved when I see it. Trojjanhorse I'm hopeful you will get an interview and then you should stand a very good chance..I am sure there are unsocial geniuses out there who have the perfect marks but cannot function properly in social settings. You seem to be socially able..lol:D

thanks for the kind words. We'll see what happens, but like I said before, I'm not expecting much from Dal lol. I am really fond of their 1st year program by having both clinical and class settings. Also their emphasis on growing larger in their research is very appealing.

thanks for the kind words. We'll see what happens, but like I said before, I'm not expecting much from Dal lol. I am really fond of their 1st year program by having both clinical and class settings. Also their emphasis on growing larger in their research is very appealing.

yes research is a big one for me as well. I am very interested in pursuing lots of research. They have some good things going for them..It is a great school...as far as I can tell from across campus at UNBSJ.

Also..not today..maybe tomorrow?

yes research is a big one for me as well. I am very interested in pursuing lots of research. They have some good things going for them..It is a great school...as far as I can tell from across campus at UNBSJ.

Also..not today..maybe tomorrow?

They haven't even released the date on their website so it could be any day now.

Alright, so maybe this is overly neurotic, but I went through last year's Countdown to Interview Invites and they were sent out at approximately 1:30 pm on Friday the 21st. So perhaps there is hope that they will come out this afternoon - here's to hoping!

Guess not, we'll just have to wait and see, I'm sure it will be sometime in the near future!

Archived