Premed 101 Forums

UTSC Biochemistry

Parachute

Hi, I'm about to go into my 4th year at UTSC now. I decided to try Dentistry while I was in my 3rd year. I recently finished Organic Chemistry part 1 and 2 downtown at UTSG which are prereqs for Biochemistry at UTSC.

I asked my professor (Professor Zhao) if it would be okay to take this course with the downtown Organic chemistry courses. But he said the courses are slightly different and he'd have to check my transcript to see if I'd be okay to do this course.

I haven't failed any courses yet and my GPA is a 3.9 and I've got a 87% in both Orgos downtown. Seeing this, would my professor let me into the course? I'm sure there are other people who have taken Organic chemistry at different campuses and still done Biochemistry at their own campus. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

just tell him those courses are exclusions to each other and knowing one, compensates for the other.

People take courses all over the campuses.

Importantly, biochem taught at utsc "steals" mechanisms from orgo which can be self-learned. Mechanisms are not tested on midterms/ finals since they are 70% MCQs. So there is not need to stress on orgo being a prerequisite for biochem.

just tell him those courses are exclusions to each other and knowing one, compensates for the other.

People take courses all over the campuses.

Importantly, biochem taught at utsc "steals" mechanisms from orgo which can be self-learned. Mechanisms are not tested on midterms/ finals since they are 70% MCQs. So there is not need to stress on orgo being a prerequisite for biochem.

Thanks, I hope I can get into it. I don't know why he's being picky? I'm sure a lot of people have taken Organic Chemistry at different campuses or universities, even.

Archived