Premed 101 Forums

McMaster LOR?

Yes you need them. It specifically says that they may be considered in the selection process (under selection process pg 19 of omsas guide). The only difference for Mac is that you don't need verifiers for the autobiographical sketch (but of course if you're applying anywhere else you need to put them in anyway).

thanks. could anyone shed some light on the LOR and CAF fiasco?

More questions: If it _is_ in by Oct 1st, we should send it to OMSAS in Guelph, right?

If it _isn't_ in by Oct 1st, we should send it directly to McMaster?

I called today and was told that reference letters need to be postmarked by Oct. 1st. I'm assuming it's CAF and letters of reference together.

The 'separate letter' is the LOR - I am 99% sure of this, at least this is what I have instructed my referees. In terms of the date, I think both the confidential assessment for and LOR should be in by October 1st, however, it looks like McMaster would accept it if it's in past that date. I believe both would still be sent to OMSAS, even if it's late. However, this is something you might want to clarify with OMSAS. I was on the phone with them today, they're quite easy to reach so this is something I am sure they could clarify. Keep us posted if you find out :-)

The 'separate letter' is the LOR - I am 99% sure of this, at least this is what I have instructed my referees. In terms of the date, I think both the confidential assessment for and LOR should be in by October 1st, however, it looks like McMaster would accept it if it's in past that date. I believe both would still be sent to OMSAS, even if it's late. However, this is something you might want to clarify with OMSAS. I was on the phone with them today, they're quite easy to reach so this is something I am sure they could clarify. Keep us posted if you find out :-)

+1 this is what i got from omsas today. good stuff

Archived