Premed 101 Forums

Tim Horton's Part Deux

Guest 0nsp

Hey Everybody,

I was thinking that maybe its about time we gave this whole meeting-up-and-getting-to-know-each-other-before-school-starts thing another shot. I, for one, am terrible with faces and names, so the earlier I learn them, the better. Hopefully we can get something co-ordinated, and this time around, we'll make sure that we are all easily identifiable (we should all wear red shirts or UofA clothing or something like that). Let's hear what you guys think, and when would be a good time to meet up, and maybe we can get this ball rolling.

Guest megs29

After attending a very successful U of Calgary get together on Sunday (thankfully the guys were nice to a U of A girl :P ), I definitely wanted to get something like this going for us again. Unfortunately for me, I'm not in Edmonton until the 20th so I'll probably have to miss this get together, but we'll have to have another one closer to the 29th.

Megs

Guest MedAnxiety

haha...well, now we know some of the faces... so it might be easier. Anyhow, I won't be in Edmonton till the 20th as well...so i guess we'll have to have a get together part trois

Wow...less than a month to go! Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Guest CD4CD25

Count me in! Perhaps we should wait until the 22nd, so that more people can come along?

Also, if any of you guys coming in from outside of Edmonton need help with moving, finding decent places to eat/visit, let us know :)

Cd4Cd25

Guest MDmmmsure

I'll be there! 22nd sounds good....I have the last two weeks of August off, so I guess it really dosen't matter a whole lot when we meet......

I should be able to spot Megs29, Onsp, and CD4CD25...... I believe we have met once or twice:p

Joe:smokin

D'oh!! I, too, have the last two weeks of August off, but I'm going camping for a week somewhere in there, like the 17-24 ish, so I probably can't make the 22nd.

Guest kriss

Hi!

I'm coming from Manitoba at the end of August and unfotunately will have to miss all the get togethers before hand! I'm excited to meet everyone though! Right now I'm sharing a house with 3 other girls just west of the Lister Hall dorms. Anyone know anything about the area? How long do you think it'll take to walk to the University from there?

Does anyone have any idea what we're going to be doing on the all day event on tuesday during O-week?

Lister Hall is extremely close to the hospital. If you're living west of Lister, all you need to do is cut across the Lister parking lot and the Jubilee auditorium parking lot (which is where the new LRT station is being built). It should only take 5 min @ a brisk pace.

Guest fluidity2

Kriss,

The all-day event on Tuesday of O-week is just that, all day. About 8-5. It's actually a fun day where you get to know a small group of students more intimately. You will get divided into small groups of 8 in the pm and many of these small groups remain tight for the rest of the year.

Guest Braveheart

D'Oh!

I'm horrible with goodbyes and so won't be in Edm until Aug 27. That's so late since we will all meet on the 29th anyways. If there is a meeting part trois after the one you guys have on the 22nd (ie on the 27th) let me know and I'll be there. If not, see ya all on the 29th!

K, well good news and bad news. The bad news is that all my friends bailed on me, so it doesnt look like I will be going camping. But the good news is that means that i can make it on the 22nd. So is that date a fer sure? sounds like it would be best for most of us who're in town. I think we should all congregate around Joe, since he seems to know everyone. :P

Guest MedAnxiety

I prefer dinner..just cause we wouldn't have the time constraints for the people who need to get back to work. But besides that, it doesn't really matter to me :)

hehe... maybe we should work around Joe's schedule, otherwise we'll all be lost. :rollin

Anytime is good for me; I'm on holiday. And how fancy a place were we thinking? Earls is a decent in between place (not too fancy, not too @#%$), and is right on campus.

Guest MDmmmsure

mu ha ha ha ha.......your all under my control......:evil

"gooood.....gooood" (in a family guy giant bug voice)

I am good for dinner too! Earls sounds stunning.....no....fabulous.....no, there are no words to describe it.....so I am forced to make one up....and I'm going to do so right nowww...........scruptrulescent....:P

there are a few days I would not be able to make it....the weekend before school starts (yahhhh quading trip).....and the 14th.....other than that.....my schedule is open.....plan away......

Joe:hat

Guest MedAnxiety

all right so..August 22nd, Earls.... how does 6pm sound?

Is there only one Earls on campus? I think i saw it. It's at some corner of some streets right? =P

Guest megs29

Earls at 6pm sounds great to me! It thinks it's at the corner of 87th Ave. and 112th St. (I could be wrong, that's just from memory). It should be just east of the Heritage Medical Research building.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Megs

Guest CD4CD25

Earls is a great idea! That way we can make a reservation (Joe? are you the social convenor? ;) ) and ask to be seated at "Joe, party of 10" or whatever. Everyone should be sure to bring cash as well, since splitting bills can be a pain. I am really excited to meet some of my fellow 2009ers :)

Cd4Cd25

PS Yes Earls is on the corner of 112 and 87 ave, you can't really miss it.

Guest MDmmmsure

Alrighty.....Earls sounds good......so I will make a reservation for 6? August 22nd......ask for "Joe, party of 10"........

It appears I am the social convenor for this event:hat

Joe:smokin

Archived