Premed 101 Forums

prereq gpa and grad q

Guest pazas

I was reading the admission requirements and was just wondering how exactly is the prereq gpa calculated? Because they list many possible courses that could fullfill the prereqs, but what if you've taken all of those courses? Would they take only the best marks out of all those that would qualify? And again if you've taken more than one biochem and stats course, would they take your best biochem course mark or stats marks? Or would it be the most recent?

Also, can you only apply if you're in your final year of master's or do they not require you to finish a master's degree?

Guest MedAnxiety

I think they take all of your prereqs that they listed into account. However, if you have taken more than one bioc course or more than one stat course, they take your best mark, not the most recent one. So, if you did terribly in your English 100 class, you can take another english (say english 200) and they would use the latter if you got a better mark =P

Sorry, i am not sure about whether or not you have to be finished your masters but i have a good hunch that you can be in your final year of your masters but you most likely will have to be done your masters prior to admission (or maybe even registration).

Good luck!

Guest Nehpets

Hey pazas,

The UofA doesn't require you to have finished your masters either. So, if for example you did one year of grad school and then got into med school you could drop out of your masters and start med school.

N.

Archived