Premed 101 Forums

When can we register

Guest chushmy

Guest chushmy

Hi,

I was just wondering whether registration packages come with the letter of offer or do they come later? If they do come with the offer, are we allowed to register for courses immediately or do we have to wait until after the admissions office has received and processed our acceptance forms? Thanks!:)

Guest MedAnxiety

Hi Chushmy, i was told that the registration packages come in mid-july, but i could be wrong. As for when to register, you can actually register right now if you received the acceptance letter already. Just go to beartracks with your ID/password and you're set to go.

Guest chushmy

Hey MA, thanks for the info. Actually, I should be receiving the letter soon...so does this mean they give you a new ID/password in the offer letter because I'm able to login to beartracks but my application still says 'incomplete' and there doesn't seem to be any "register" button?

Also, this is a bit off topic but do you know how acceptances work if you've already accepted at another school (paid the deposit but haven't registered) and get another offer from somewhere else? That is, I've already accepted at an Ontario school so would I need to first withdraw my acceptance there before accepting UofA or can I just accept UofA and they will automatically cancel my spot from the other school? I guess I'm worried that both schools will think I've accepted the other and cancel my spots at the same time:\

Thanks so much for your help!:)

-Chushmy

Guest MedAnxiety

Hey Chushmy, my application says incomplete as well, but i believe they just didn't up date the information since the deadline for those additional stuff (e.g. MCAT, references) was November 15, 2004. Just make sure that they have your final transcript. I believe they give you an ID (i.e student number), but i didn't receive any password. I had to email Beartracks (or something like that) to receive a new password. They were really prompt with providing me with a new password. Once you login to your Beartracks account, there should be an Academics option, and in that option, there are many other icons, among them being the add/drop/switch courses one, where you would do your registration. You don't have to rush with that though, since you aren't competing for seats. The only course that you may need to fight for seats is the INT-D 410 course (in the second half), where there is one afternoon class and one evening class and usually, the afternoon class fills up much more quickly for obviousl reasons.

As for accepting two offers, i was in the same boat as you. I just emailed the other school ASAP, declining their offer. You have to email them yourself and then either email Andrea or give her a call telling them that you declined your other school and will be accepting UofA. Don't wait for them to do it for you though, cause you don't want your name to be pulled off from BOTH schools. Better safe than sorry :P !

Good luck and see you in the fall!

Guest chushmy

Hey MA, thanks so much for the advice. I will inform the ontario school ASAP! I hope there's still some spots for the afternoon section of INT-D:p . Anyways thanks again and see you in August:)

Archived