Premed 101 Forums

Writing Sample

62E

I did okay on my MCAT for the sciences and verbal (12/11/12) but bombed the WS (score of O). I was wondering which schools have a hard cutoff for the writing section, and if medschools in general look much at the WS. I'm considering redoing my MCAT right now (I think I could have done better in all sections except verbal), and if the WS is important I'll probably redo it for sure. Thanks for the help.

Considering the WS is being removed, it's impossible to predict how the schools will look at your O next cycle. For now, Queen's and UWO may look down on having an O. The WS cutoff for Western was O last cycle, but it could change.

edit: Not going to mention non-Ontario schools without knowing where you're applying, but I can tell you that US schools don't care about WS.

I am in the same boat as you. I wrote the MCAT on Aug. 23 and ended up with 12/11/13 but got an "O" on the writing sample. I thought I did pretty well on the WS but apparently not. I am pretty sure I got an "O" because of my first essay which was relatively short. Hopefully med schools don't pay too much attention to the WS. BTW, What is the cut off for WS for queens and toronto?

I am in the same boat as you. I wrote the MCAT on Aug. 23 and ended up with 12/11/13 but got an "O" on the writing sample. I thought I did pretty well on the WS but apparently not. I am pretty sure I got an "O" because of my first essay which was relatively short. Hopefully med schools don't pay too much attention to the WS. BTW, What is the cut off for WS for queens and toronto?

queen's i don't know. i think the lowest one that's been seen on here was a Q last year. except i can't pretend to have seen all of the posts lol. and that only pertains to the last cycle.

toronto says their cut off is N, which is supposedly "soft" anyway.

Archived