Premed 101 Forums

Rejection Limbo

Guest Fizz29

Guest Fizz29

Soooo...the interviews appear to be done and the acceptances sent out. Wait a minute, I have not recieved a rejection letter, nor have I heard ANYTHING from U of A medical admissions since I submitted my application. You'll have to forgive my sarcasm but my frustration with my alma mater is showing. This policy of not communicating with rejected applicants earlier needs to be readdressed. Is anyone else out there still waiting for a rejection letter?

Guest DoNair

I too am still waiting for that rejection letter. Mind you it is not much of a surprise. I knew from the instant I decided to apply to the U of A that I would be rejected. After all I didn't have the 4.0 GPA and 45T MCAT score which it seems is required for admission.

If you didn't get an invitation for an interview then consider yourself rejected for sure. The letter only formally acknowledges that. I know it hurts to be rejected but don't worry. Just wait until you are 35 years old and apply to U of Calgary. You are pretty much guaranteed to get in!

Guest happy2bme

so I'm 32 and applied to UofC and was waitlisted....does this mean I have 3 more flippin years of waiting....LOL

Older doesn't mean guaranteed acceptance unfortunatly....It should though, because I gotta get the knowledge inside my elderly brain before I go senile!!!!

I think rejection letters should be sent out automatically and not make people wait and go crazy. Waitlisting is crazy enough, but if the school knows that they are rejecting a certain number they should just send them out at the sametime as acceptances and waitlist letters. Unless it's UofC, they just waitlist more people than they have spots on the off chance they get more seats this year! Bah!

Guest house

Hey,

The rejection letters are supposed to be mailed out I think in the next few weeks. I know its torture to be waiting for a letter that says you're rejected, I really have no idea why they do that. It sucks.

happy2bme...are you seroius that this cal has more ppl on the wait list than actual spots??? thats crazy! i know the wait list for u of a is def'n not that long

Guest Apna

I know it sucks that they don't notify you earlier... I think they do it because they never know FOR SURE if they might have to invite some more people for interview last minute to help fill spots... as highly unlikely as that may sound, I think it may have occurred in the past

but at this point, I think it would be safe to assume that no more interview offers will be given :\

Guest Braveheart

I agree with Apna... I think there is a reason for their madness. Though it does add lots of stress for us premed students, I think it's something that they are not putting into account. I remember in the past receiving a rejection letter sometime in June or July so it should be coming very soon. If you did not receive an interview invitation by May, it does pretty much mean that you unfortunately got rejected.

Archived