Premed 101 Forums

Doing Right

For those from previous application cycles who read this book (which seems to be virtually required reading for CASPer and MMI prep), do you think it was helpful? It seems like, from the sample questions I've seen, the majority of scenarios for both MMI and CASPer are not specific to medical issues (but I have not yet completed either so I could be wrong).

I am reading it (because why not) and I think it's very interesting and I certainly wouldn't regret having read it. I'm just wondering whether, as far as it being a prep tool is concerned, people found that it is important/useful enough to warrant the reputation it has as an application cycle must-have.

• 2 weeks later...
I liked it. Check your local library and save yourself the 60 bux!

That's what I did :-)

U of T has a copy on course reserves, so i juts went in for a few hours and read it last week. (only had 3 hours, so read 1/2 it and then skimmed the rest).

I didn't find that it was mandatory. However, I did use a few jargon words that hopefully will stick out (talk about patient-doctor relationship, paternalism, patient autonomy, etc).

Definitely not mandatory, IMO, if you have some common sense.

Archived