Premed 101 Forums

McGill interview dates

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Hello!

Does anyone know when McGill conducts their interviews? I've managed to find some posts from people in late Jan. last year who had already had their interviews. Just wondering if anyone knew if they were more at the beginning of the month. I'm trying to plan a vacation to cuba (I know, life is rough!) but I don't want to end up having to decide between snowy montreal and white sandy beaches and coconuts!:P

Guest predent2003

I am sensing that end of Feburary is for in-province, and during January is for OOP.

Yeah, it is always a good idea to personally find out because schools do change the time slightly every year. ie. UBC moves one week early this year.

But when you find out, would you like to share it with us? :P

Guest pearlywhitesBC

For Sure!!

I was planning on contacting the office but thought I would check here first - the responses come a bit faster.

I'll let you know when I find something out!

By the way - good luck to both of you :D Pearlywhites - I can only hope for the best for my long lost twin (heh heh)

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Hi,

I got a response from the McGill admissions office. They said that the interviews for the out of province students will most likely be held on the first weekend in February. I guess they had some problems with the interviews being too early in the year (early Jan) so they have pushed the dates back a bit.

Hope that helps.;)

Guest Pearly Whites

hey twin!

woohoo! hopefully, we'll find out about admissions from mcgill aroudn the same time as UBC so dont have to waste the $9000 non-refundable deposit for UBC

good luck to y'all too! maybe we'll meet at interviews. will be flashing my pearly whites, haha :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SharkCatcher

hey im gona apply as an inpronvincer. When i was interviewed b4, i recieved the letter 2 days after i handed in my application...i.e. jan 17.

it was an email invite.

good luck guys, wish u the best.

Guest Guyver03

Hi SharkCatcher, sounds like you're a really outstanding student, otherwise you wouldn't get an interview 2 days after handing in your application package. Would you care to enlighten us with your stats?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pearlywhitesBC

To anyone interested..

The McGill interviews will be held on Monday, November 2nd. When I checked earlier (in December) they were planning on having them on a weekend but I guess they've changed their minds.

I guess it's a good thing - now there won't be any conflicts with the UBC dates!

Guest LestatZinnie

that's indeed a good thing, as you'd probably find out your results before UBC and possibly avoid the $9000 ubc deposit if you choose to go to mcgill.

Guest predent2003

Hey Pearly,

You mean Febuary 2nd right?

If given the option of doing the interview here in vancouver, would you still fly to montreal to do it?

Guest Guyver03

November 2nd? That must be some mistake pearly, if Feb 2nd, it's on a Monday, doing UBC interview and then McGill, hope they don't have a snowstorm in Montreal. Good luck everybody:D

Guest Kicoati

Interview days are approaching so quickly, but I have not heard anything from any schools. When do they usually send out e-mail/regular mail for interview/rejection? Getting really nervous :x

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Oops! Looks like you all figured it out but the McGill interviews are on Monday February 2nd. I don't know where I got the November from. :\

I thought it was weird that they were having interviews on a Monday so I called to confirm and they said they would be on the Monday!

Guyver, I was told by the UBC office that their interviews will be on two Saturdays (Jan 31st and Feb 7th) so it should probably work out OK in terms of having enough time to go back and forth.

Guest SharkCatcher

hey...so cool to know times coming up!!! I will hand in my letter tomorrow hehe...

Umm... if anyone needs any info about mcgill or where to go...please....feel free.

Bonne Chance!

Archived