Premed 101 Forums

I got a Mcgill Interview!!!

Guest predent2003

Guest predent2003

Hi Everyone!

I just got an email from Mcgill that I am getting an interview on the 2nd! I am so excited!

They happen to have an open day on the 1st, so that the applicants are encouraged to attend.

Anyone else is going? and maybe would like to share a room?

Guest Guyver03

Oh man, you're so lucky to get an interview invitation already, must be hell of a GPA you got there. I just have to wait patiently for mine to come, sigh. |I

Guest per te

hey~ i just got my mcgill interview email too.. can you believe my school email program picked it up as spam? Luckily it doesn't delete them, it just says [spam?] next to it.. no it's not spam :x

anyways good luck to everyone! :)

Guest Guyver03

Oh my God, I set my school filter to delete any emails marked with SPAM, I hope I didn't accidently delete it. Does anyone knows besides email, where else can I check if I've been invited?

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Woo hoo!

I just got my email! That totally makes my weekend!

So are you guys planning on going to the open house? I'll most likely be going - as long as I can fly out on the Sat before that.

Congratulations guys!! :D

Guest SharkCatcher

lol thats amazing. wow. its cool to see things develop.

they do not send anything other than email for interviews. Well that was the case for me.

Guest Guyver03

Hey for those of you that have received their invitation letter, have you logged into the Minerva system and looked at your application status? I just checked mine and it says my status is "Ready for Review". Does anyone have a different status? I'm so anxious now.|I

Edit:

On a side note, do they send out emails based on their last name? Mine starts with L.

Guest predent2003

Just curious, what would consider to be a proper interview outfit?

For all of us going from vancouver and want to attend the open house, it would be a little tough because we might get schedule for the ubc interview the saturday before the open house :(

Now I am just hoping that I won't lose my direction in Montreal..........:lol

Guest Pearly Whites

hi predent2003, i'm from vancouver too and i think what i'll have to do if i get an interview at ubc is fly sat night and go for the open house on sun. it should be ok, but yes, i'm hoping i wont get lost either. i heard some ppl say it's not that formal so no need to wear a suit (for girls) but i bought one already so i'm gonna wear it anyway. hope this helps! and good luck!

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Hey...

Did anyone get a response yet? I sent my email accepting the interview on Friday afternoon but haven't gotten any sort of confirmation. Just want to make sure that my email got through and I'm in the same boat as everyone else (who knows, with my luck the email I sent could have gotten lost)

Guest NOURA19

HI,

Yeah, I sent my acceptance also but still never got a reply concerning a time yet....I think they are waiting untill everyone haS replied with an acceptance or not and at which point a time will be decided for each applicant....I just hope I'm not the last out of a group of 10 awaiting anxiously for their turn....:o

NEWAyz, if anyone has any updates...or has received a confirmation of time for the McGill interviews we would appreciate it if you post it here!

Thanks and good luck to alllllllllllllllllll:rollin

Guest Pearly Whites

Hey guys! i called patricia bassett this morning and she said they're waiting to hear from everyone before setting the times and they'll email us after.

Guest predent2003

Same here Pearly. I got a reply from Patricia.

She didn't say anything about the detail of interview. She just told me that she's going to reserve a room for me at the hotel.

Any of you planning to stay at the same hotel? Maybe we can meet, say hi, chat a little and just relax the night before the interview:)

Hey everyone,

I'm just curious about the Open House on Feb 1, and it looks like this is a general thing for anyone interested in coming to the university. Does it really last from 11-4 or is this more like a window... if it's worth it, of course I'll be there on time, but I'll be flying in that morning and would like to know how important it is to be there at 11... anyways if anyone knows about it let us all know, thanks

Just wondering ;)

Guest predent2003

Yeah, I heard from a student there that the open day is really "open". You can go anytime you want and they'll just have representatives from each building to guide you and show you the buildings.

I remember going to ubc's open house many years ago, and it was just like that. I guess it would be a good idea to see the school a little. But the dent student told me that it won't be that big of a deal if we can't make it.;)

See u all there!:rollin

Guest predent2003

Hi everyone,

I think most of us should have gotten the email from Patricia about our exact interview time, right?

I am glad that they are giving us a chace to visit the clinic and hospital. Most importantly, they are giving us free lunch! Yay!;)

See u guys there!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived