Premed 101 Forums

McGill Interviews!!!!!!

Guest NOURA19

Guest NOURA19

I'm wondering if anyone can help me....

After submitting my application to McGill I lost the copy that I saved for myself (had to reformat my computer). Now the interview is next month, and I would like to study my application before I go in, but I dont even remember the type of questions they asked (I did so many)!...also, a copy of the actual application on line is not available. So can anyone tell me if there were any type of questions on the application that required detailed explanations?

To thoes who had an interview at McGill in previous years....how did it go? scary? laid back? do they ask situational type questions (such as, if this were to happen, what would you do)? ethical? personal? was it based mostly on the essay? How many interviewers were there? how long was it? how much is the interview worth

Sorry for all the questions....i'm just so nervous:rolleyes .....plus, I'm finding it almost impossible to find anything out regarding the interview process at McGill

Anyways, thanks alot andgood luck to all with interviews!!;)

Guest SharkCatcher

remember that 3 page essay?????

...........................yea

that one..............thats for mcgill.

thats all.;)

I had my McGill interview 2yrs ago... it was a very laid back interview, there were 3 interviewers (1 professor, 1 dentist, 1 student), they were all extremely nice and easy to talk to. They asked very standard question ie. tell me about yourself, why do u want to go into dentistry, why McGill, how do you see yourself in 5 yrs from now etc. Unlike UT, no situtational question. The whole thing last around 30-45min, and it passed so quickly before you even noticed. They were very easy going, I won't worry about it too much. One advice, get enough sleep the night before and SMILE a lot. They like to see you relax & take it easy ;) Good luck!!

Guest Pearly Whites

Hi! i have an interview on the 2nd and was wondering if those students already in mcgill dent can shed some on light on what the mcgill program is like? some strengths and weaknesses of the program? i'd like to know some things about the school for the interview. thx!!

For me, knowing about McGill program is something good to have, but it will be even better if I know which places I can visit in Montreal. If I have a chance going there, I'll definitely plan going to those famous places, taking lots of pictures, riding on the bus (and electric train?) and enjoying the views, taking a pix or two of the interviewers during the interview, then continuing taking pix of the campus and the city, and finally taking the plane flying home. Did I just make the whole thing sound like a tour? :lol Well, I'll just have to wait until next year when I apply. hehee...

Guest SharkCatcher

u will spend the first year and half with medical students, studying what is called BOM...basics of medicine. hence a DMD not DDS.

then the dental class becomes independant.

Guest LestatZinnie

all i can say is that BOM is boring as h#ll and i can't wait 'till it's finished.

in sum from my experiences so far about mcgill:

cons:

BOM sucks

Very academic oriented

Test questions require lots of memorization rather than deduction

Very long school year (no reading break, finish in late june- what's up with that??)

people/environment not as fun as UBC, imo

pros:

great reputation- helpful if you plan to specialize

tuition is cheap :lol

lots of scholarship opportunities

clinic is relatively modern (compared with UBC)

Guest Kicoati

Can someone tell me approximately how many questions they ask in that 30-minute period, and what is the appropriate length of response? And did you need to wait very long before your turn? (pretty silly questions I know, I already start to get anxious, :x will help if I know more of what to expect).

Archived