Premed 101 Forums

McGill timeline

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Guest pearlywhitesBC

Anyone know when McGill will send out their acceptances? I've contacted them but am waiting to hear back and thought I would check here in the meantime.

Guest LestatZinnie

at the interview they'll give u a handout saying when you should hear the result by. last yr it was a month or a little less after the interview but i was waitlisted till april.

Guest Pearly Whites

hi noura, just wondering where you got the info from about OOP's. i called patricia bassett before and i think she said they wont know till around march. but then again, i'm not sure she knew i was an OOP.

one small thing, for the mcgill interview, they requested a picture from us - is it one for the panel or three? stupid question but I'm going to get passport pix done so wanted to check first. thx!

Guest predent2003

Hi both Pearly!

I am planning to bring 2 pix with me. I am not bring small passport pix because they said recent picture and I thought passport pix might be too small.

I just talked to someone who's in Mcgill dent right now, and she told me that back then (ie. 2 to 3 years ago), she got her acceptance (first round) from Mcgill before she did her UBC interview. I think UBC interview was a little later in the past, so by calculating, I think we should know pretty early (hope so!):)

Just curious, would any of you still go to mcgill if you have paid the $8200 for UBC? (assuming you hear from mcgill late, or being wait-listed) I would like to go to Mcgill, but eight thousand dollars is a big killer!>:

Guest NOURA19

Hi,

Speaking to a few students currently in the McGill dental program, they remember receiving their acceptances very early... actually more like 1-2 weeks max. after their interview. But remember, this is only the first round of offers.

Regarding the pictures. I will also be giving them a passport photo....I think its a more formal approach.:D

Guest YYCdentboi

From Patricia...Is everyone going for the dinner????

I'm sure you are anxious to know exactly what has been planned for you during your interview at McGill University.

I've attached a few websites at the bottom of this message which I thought might be useful while you visit Montreal. McGill University is directly Downtown Montreal so you will be close to everything! For those of you who have requested a hotel room, you will choose the room type, etc. when you arrive at the hotel. I have reserved an area of rooms. If you wish to confirm that your name was given, please call the hotel and ask for Nancy and mention that you are in the group for McGill Dentistry.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1st, 2004

The McGill University Open House is from 11:00 until 16:00 on Sunday Feb. 1st. This is an Open House for the entire University which should be very exciting. It will give you the opportunity to see the University atmosphere as a whole. Several activities are planned inside and outside. Please note that this is not a 'Dentistry Open House'. However, we will have a Faculty of Dentistry booth set up to answer some questions. Dr. Shields, who is the Chairman of the Admissions Committee and myself will be available.

Don't forget to click on the Open House website below for the latest details. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! A Broomball game, a Snow Sculpture Contest and a Cabane à Sucre – maple syrup tasting, are among a few of the many events planned. We hope you can make it and look forward to meeting you.

Then, starting at 7:00 p.m. Sunday evening, the Dental Student Society is looking forward to meeting with you in the restaurant of the Quality Hotel Downtown (see attachment). You will have a chance to ask the students any questions you may have or just to have some fun! Remember, you are not obligated to attend. We thought it would be nice to have someone to touch base with and make you feel more at home. You will also get a chance to see the other applicants.

So, Sunday's schedule, if you wish to attend, is the Open House between 11:00 and 16:00 and then the Get-Together with DSS at 7:00 pm in the hotel.

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd, 2004

You have all received your appointment time for your interview on Monday. If you haven't, please notify me immediately.

The interviews are being held in the Strathcona Anatomy and Dentistry Building. When you enter the building, you are in the Faculty of Dentistry. Please register at the desk and pick up your name tag. If you want to arrive early, there are students who will be present and you are all invited to a Buffet Lunch around noon. You will also have the opportunity to see the Student Laboratory where our second year students work which is in our building. Buses will leave the interview area at 10:30 and again at 2:00 to bring those interested to the MGH Dental Clinic (3rd and 4th year student area). Please let us know at registration if you wish to go on the tour to the MGH.

Sunday, February 1, 2004

11:00 - 16:00 Open House

7:00 pm Dental Student Society Reception - held in the Quality Hotel Downtown restaurant

Monday, February 2, 2004

Register upon arrival for your interview (pick up name tag)

Luncheon (if interested)

Tours to the MGH Dental Clinic at 10:30 and 14:00 (if interested)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me before Thursday, January 29th. See you soon,

Patricia Bassett

Archived