Premed 101 Forums

GPA & requirements for UofA OT

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have a quick question about the U of A OT program. Any feedback is appreciated!

I have a competitive GPA in my last 20 courses but ended up taking 4 courses in the majority of my undergrad semesters so I could continue to work and volunteer throughout my degree. I noticed that U of A prefers applicants that have completed 30 credits over two consecutive terms.

Does anybody know how much the number of courses taken per semester affects the selection process for OT at U of A?

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, couldn't tell you. I was wondering the same thing myself as I also took 4 courses per semester to balance my courseload and get some volunteering and research experience in.

BUT, 4 does count as a full-time student, I think they mean they prefer what is defined as "full time" more than someone who went a non-conventional route of taking 2 courses a semester. If you have a competitive GPA, your odds should be good.

But what do I know, I'm just in the waiting game as well haha. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have checked how my gpa will be calculated on ORPAS and received the letter in the mail. But I've been hearing that University of Alberta calculates our gpa's quite differently. I've been hearing that they calculate "A" and "A+" both as a 4.0. I'm just not sure how true that is.

It's true. I go to U of Calgary and they use the same grading scheme as U of A. A = 4.00. A+ = 4.00. Hope this helps :)

Archived