Premed 101 Forums

Specialization for a PA? And other questions

Greetings future/ present/ graduated PA students! I'm a recently graduated high school student hoping to go to Uni next year. My question (if you couldn't already tell) is if I were to become a PA, is there options to specialize? Would it require schooling, or is it a matter of who hires? And as well, is there a decent amount/ varied types of PA jobs? My first passion is psychology and neurology, so ideally I would like to work under a Neurologist or Psychiatrist. Thanks for the help guys!

Greetings future/ present/ graduated PA students! I'm a recently graduated high school student hoping to go to Uni next year. My question (if you couldn't already tell) is if I were to become a PA, is there options to specialize? Would it require schooling, or is it a matter of who hires? And as well, is there a decent amount/ varied types of PA jobs? My first passion is psychology and neurology, so ideally I would like to work under a Neurologist or Psychiatrist. Thanks for the help guys!

Yes.

Both are options (there are PA residencies in the USA but most PAs learn on the job)

Yes

Archived