Premed 101 Forums

UofT interview

Guest macaagent

Guest Akenney

Nope, I've only applyed to UT but I haven't heard anything, except I e-mailed them asking when the interviews are held and they are going to be the last weekend in March. We're supposed to hear about interviews by the end of the month (which is this week!) So I'm really anxious!

Good luck

Guest Akenney

Where do you go to school? and what are you taking?

I'm at Carleton U in Ottawa and I'm in Chemistry. This is my fourth year, but I actually did my first two years at U of Ottawa and not all of my credits carried over, so I won't be graduating this year.

this is a pointless post but...

when i first saw this thread topic, i thought it was people posting to say that they got a u of t interview and i thought oh no! i didn't get one... :(

per te :o

*sighs in relief*

Actually, I called U of T yestarday and was told me that the interview offers will be sent out sometime next week...the interviews will be at the end of March...

Guest NOURA19

You mean we have to wait untill next week!!!....god, then why would they say that we will hear by the end of Feb, the latest???.....I mean I have been checking my mail constantly non-stop this week expecting news from UFT, and now they decide to change their date...arggg...anyways hang in there peopl...on a brighter note, its going to be 10 degrees here in Toronto during the weekend!!!!! enjoy the Sunshine people!!:rollin ;)

I just received an email (a mass email) saying that we should receive yet another email within the next few days regarding interview invites but that the Admissions Committee has finalized the decisions for the interviews already.

Why don't they send it out now, this is such a teaser.. :P

~*per te*~

EDIT to mention that we should receive these second emails by the end of monday, if not, we should contact the office

...so we may recieve another e-mail in the "next couple of days", which means that I will be checking my mail quite frequently over the weekend...how to enjoy the sunshine now?!? :smokin

Guest predent2003

Hi there,

I just got my UT invitation for interview. Don't know if I'll be going since I'll already pay UBC's deposite, but I really look forward to visit the school just for the sake of comparason:p

Guest LestatZinnie

predent:

i would still consider UT because:

-UT has one of best reputation in canada

-separate dental curriculum from year 1

-a lot of good research goes on there (good for beefing up the CV if you want to specialize)

-longer summer vacation

-only canadian dental school that has every dental specialty

-even forfeiting the 8200 bucks, you'll be paying less at UT (tuition is under 20k/yr there I believe?)

if you want to be a general dentist then i'd say stay at UBC. But if you want to be an orthodontist or oral surgery, or just want to keep the options open, i'd think UT would be worth checking out.

Guest Akenney

YAYY!!! I got my invite for interview for toronto too!!!

What time does everyone have, I'm on sat. 27th at 10:40-11:20.

Congrats to everyone else who got an interview as well!

:rollin

A.

I'm on the 28th too.

I may be wrong but I think somewhere around 200 people are interviewed and 64 are chosen. Of those 64, only 10% (or 6.4 people lol) are from out of province.

BTW, are there any UofT dental students on this board that would care to talk about the program? :)

~*Per Te*~

Guest NOURA19

YAAAY....I got an interview for the 28th...hmmmm, I wonder what "The results of your application" refers to???

Anyways good luck to everyone, hope to see ya'll there!!;)

and per te, yes you are right regarding 64/200 get acceptances, and approximately 10% are OOP

Guest LestatZinnie

downsizing is actually a good thing. i seriously think that oversupply of dentists is more of a problem than undersupply, especially in the toronto area. go talk to any dentist and they'll tell you that saturation is a problem in most canadian cities.

Guest blingblingdentist

Hi guys, just got my invite. One thing that I don't understand is if the class size is 64 why would they only send out 64 acceptances. I know in the states if a class size is 100, they send out at least 150 acceptances to take into account the fact many people will reject them. You would figure UT would send out at least 80 acceptances. Also why are you guys saying they downsized the class, did there used to be more than 64 spots?

Archived