Premed 101 Forums

Comparison of Cdn Dental Schools

Guest Pearly Whites

Guest Pearly Whites

Hi everyone!

I'm planning to apply this coming Sept and I want to apply to some other schools besides UBC. Does anyone know (from personal experience, research, or word of mouth) which dental school is good? I know the UBC students spend the first two years with med students and don't do much (if any) hands on dental work. Also, I know they do PBL (problem based learning). I'm looking for schools that allow the dental students to do hands-on work during the first two years, instead of spending them with the med students. Can you guys let me know what the program at other dental schools are like?

Thanks a bunch!

Guest Berland

The dentist I've been seeing (a UofA graduate) seems to really like the University of Manitoba. The facilities are relatively new overall, with a brand new spanking new labs.

Thats what I hear

Berland Bear

Guest kellyl20

UT, Western, McGill are very good. Don't know anything about Manitoba or Dalhousie, sorry. Sask too cold and school accreditation problems at the moment.

Guest toothy

hmm I doubt any school will lose accreditation... can you imagine what kind of uproar would result if a whole year of students can't get licensed? There are always problems at accred, but they usually just give suggestions on improving to minimum standards...

Archived