Premed 101 Forums

Two questions

Guest King Hong

Guest King Hong

Hi, guys. I'm a new comer to this forum. It's really great to find this forum on the web. I've got two questions. First, I'm very concerning the interview, b/c English is my second language. Although lots of Canadian said my English was good enough in Canada, I still worried about it. I'm wondering how good your English will be enough for the interview? Sceond, I'm ready to prepare for the DAT. I wanna know how did you prepare for it, taking the Kaplan or self-studying? Does anyone know whether there is any DAT study group at SFU or UBC (I live in BC)? Thanks!

Guest Shahenshah

if you can spend the money, buying the kaplan dat book will really be enough in terms of dat preparation and of course you just gotta keep practicing..as for whether your english would be good enough for an interview, well I believe there r still a few schools out there that don't require an interview..quite honestly, if you can get a killer gpa and score decently on DAT, you would have a very good chance of getting in..so if I were you, I would focus on the courses you have now and try to do very well in them.

Guest King Hong

Thanks! Shahenshah. Do you know what's the major difference between the Dental admission test(US) and Canadian DAT? I read a poster in this forum, there was a guy said Kaplan sucks, it was not good for Canadian DAT.

Guest Shahenshah

I believe the canadian DAT has no organic chemistry component and no math component..as for whether kaplan sucks, well it depends on the person..I can see the kaplan 'course' being useless after spending soo much, but buying the kaplan dat book alone cannot possibly be a waste as it provides you with questions and helps provide a focus

Archived