Premed 101 Forums

Does Mac flat out reject pre-interview?

Are most pre-interview applicants flat out rejected or are they all placed on a waitlist?

My sister said I was wait listed for an interview in the letter. I'm obviously not holding out any hope because who turns down a med school interview except in exceptional circumstances. Just trying to figure out if mac is to much of a feel good school that they cant tell people they are rejected or if the waitlist is actually small.

lol people get rejected. they waitlist some for the reason you said (ie when circumstances arise). if people get into american schools and wanna go that way... why hold on to a canadian interview? it would waste time to go to the interview etc if you all ready know where you're heading.

lol people get rejected. they waitlist some for the reason you said (ie when circumstances arise). if people get into american schools and wanna go that way... why hold on to a canadian interview? it would waste time to go to the interview etc if you all ready know where you're heading.

Yeah I know of a couple people that declined some Canadian interviews after being accepted to a good school in the states in previous years, so there will probably be a bit of movement on the wait-list, but not much.

Cool beans. I think I would have preferred a flat out rejection. Not knowing how many people are on the wait list/my place on the wait list is just prolonging the stress.

I personally know two people that were on the waitlist for an interview that were invited to the MMI.

It is crucial for McMaster to have the EXACT number of people that they need for the MMI - so they wouldn't wait list you unless there was a reasonable chance.

For the record, neither got in however.

Dalhousie also sends out admissions offers in the first week of March! So if people accept that offer, they may decline their interviews at Ontario schools.

That they do! I will have to weigh my options carefully with a wife and 2 kids already living in Saint John where the NB campus is. Congrats on the invite to Mac and good job getting an invite to Dal when you didn't apply :P Good luck!

Archived