Premed 101 Forums

Applying for a second undergrad in diatetics

Hi, I recently received a bachelor of arts in psychology. however, id like to apply for a bachelor of science in dietetics. However, my GPA for my first degree was 2.8 and I'm now wondering whether it will hurt my chances of being admitted to the program. I am currently doing the prerequisites for the program, and am wondering whether schools will be looking at my university GPA, my CEGEP R score, my high school grades, or a combination of the above.

thanks!:)

They typically only include undergrad grades. I went to college before university and they don't include those in calculating my GPA. But you still have to list all schools and provide transcripts for ALL post secondary schools you went to (they don't care about high school).

However, I'm not sure if in your case, they will use both undergrad degrees when calculating your cumulative/total GPA.

Also, remember that most schools only use sub-GPA (last 2 years/10 full credits) as opposed to cumulative GPA, so if you do well in your last 2 years of your second degree, you could still get in regardless.

Archived