Premed 101 Forums

How much emphasis Toronto FM program put on interviews?

Arrowx7

I was just wondering.

I have a strong file, research in primary care, several electives in family medicine and one in emergency. Half the interview went well, but half the interview they asked me some tough questions that involved thinking of cases from the past. I feel like I wasn't able to come up with good answers, but I stayed friendly, and they were friendly too....

I was wondering how much of a shot I have at FM in TO.

It's probably one of the most competitive FM programs, but I wonder what % weight do interviews have??

Thanks!

interviews are usually pretty important in FM.

The good news, however, is that your interview probably didn't go as bad as you think it did. If you have a strong overall app, then you will most likely match to your 1st choice. Toronto FM may be more competitive than other sites, but there are still tons of spots.

Just do well in the rest of your interviews and things will work out for the best. A good way to prepare for those kinds of questions, by the way, is to think about interesting cases from your clerkship that can demonstrate things like problem-solving, teamwork, and difficult patients... write them down, and review them the day before interviews... then you can have a bank of stories to refer to when they ask for specific examples.

Archived