Premed 101 Forums

Reapplying - McMaster PA Program

Hey guys,

I've noticed that the questions for the supplementary application are the same from last year. I'm reapplying this year, and I don't know if our previous applications are kept on file and whether they expect similar answers or different answers.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you receive an interview last year?If so, you can probably just re-use the same answers (though it might not guarantee anything). I have not heard of any professional schools or graduate schools that take into consideration any previous applications...that just adds a level of unnecessary complexity and bias. McMaster's medical school used to take into consideration how many times an applicant had applied but they no longer do this. I doubt the PA program will have your old application to be considered on file but I could be wrong.

From what I have heard in general for applying to schools, applications are not held over each year. So every year you apply is brand new and they don't consider if you have applied before. I've never read of any University that held applications over through the years, so if you got an interview before you should definitely use what you already have to your advantage. There's no harm in re-applying another year, it happens to many people.

I did get an interview last year, which is why I'm in a very confused state. I don't want them to think I'm lazy if I submit my responses from last year, but at the same time I can't think of a better way to re-write my responses.

Archived