Premed 101 Forums

PTA & OTA into Physiotherapist?

Hey guys - sorry, I am new to this and haven't really checked the website in-depth incase a similar thread has already been posted.

Anyways, My name is Dragan and I am a student at Humber College, Ontario in the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant program. I started this September and finishing in 2014. I wanted to know if you can further your schooling into becoming a full physiotherapist with my college courses counting as transferable credits? I heard mixed answers from many people such like that my OTA and PTA credits are not transferable and that I have to do 6 full years fresh for PT or that I can simply do 4 years after college.

Has anyone recentely done this/know how this works? Been stressing over this... Would also be great if anyone has tips based on their experiences and knowledge.

Thanks!

Dragan

Guest Physioprospect

To apply to PT you MUST have a undergraduate degree. Some of your PTA courses may be applicable to certain electives in an undergrad degree but you MUST get a degree then apply to PT. Theres definitely no route to go directly from PTA to PT.

Archived