Premed 101 Forums

Bookchair

Maybe she just likes you just as a friend? Would explain why she gives you excuses like "I'm busy" because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings (assuming she realized that you like her). OR maybe she is that busy. I volunteer as an English language partner w/ an international student and his schedule is pretty tight.

Since you've known her for a couple of months now, why don't you just come out and tell her "hey, I like you. I think you're pretty and I want to get know you more" . . . Since you're looking for a relationship--its probably better to know her feelings for you at this point before your feelings get any deeper. Don't give up just yet, persistence goes a long way.. which guys tend to have a knack for :D

By the way, I should mention that your height most likely has nothing to do with it. Trust me.

Also, maybe she likes someone else or maybe she has a boyfriend you don't know about?

You're overvaluing a single girl. Mistake in my opinion. It honeslty sounds like if you did ever get with her, you'd be whipped like a puppy. I suggest you play it cool a little and see if she changes her tune. If she doesn't, big deal, she didn't like you to begin with. If she does, the you have her like the puppy. Just my two cents.

Thanks for your honest thought. The reason it seems like I am overvaluing her is because she is honestly so different than the average girl (not only is she really good looking she is nice, polite, modest, etc.) things I really value because I really don't like loud, crazy, rude girls...how a lot of really good looking girls feel like they have the right to act since they are so hot. Ill take your advice. I'm going to ask her to do something next weekend for the LAST time. If she says she can't, for whatever reason, then I will take that as she is not interested and keep it cool (not talk to her on Facebook/real life)...IF she tries to talk to me or set something up or whatever in the future then ill know that she is interested. If not then I will regretfully have to move on. What do you think?

Couple thoughts on that. I wouldn't suggest you ask her out again. If you've tried for a month and haven't gotten results, it's unlikely one more hail mary is going to win you the game. Secondly, I'm not telling you to be rude to her or completely dismiss her. This would in fact give her the upper hand in the matter as it would show you care. I'm simply saying keep your distance from her. Find other girls, continue your hobbies. Simply do not have time for her, but don't be mean or rude as these are signs of weakness on your part. Just don't give a crap in all honesty.

Goodluck.

cleverusername said:
Couple thoughts on that. I wouldn't suggest you ask her out again. If you've tried for a month and haven't gotten results, it's unlikely one more hail mary is going to win you the game. Secondly, I'm not telling you to be rude to her or completely dismiss her. This would in fact give her the upper hand in the matter as it would show you care. I'm simply saying keep your distance from her. Find other girls, continue your hobbies. Simply do not have time for her, but don't be mean or rude as these are signs of weakness on your part. Just don't give a crap in all honesty.

Goodluck.

Thanks man. I'm just afraid that if I keep my distance from her that even if she does like me she won't approach me because she is extremely shy and not proficient in English.

You're hoping for something that may not be there. She's not a retard. If you asked her out 4 times, she's gotten the idea that you like her. If you keep pressing, the only thing it's going to do is make you look desperate.

I have to agree with a lot of the advice given by cleverusername.

Unfortunately, just because you see something as being a very good match does not mean that the opposite person does too.

Perception is not always reality.

I'm not saying she doesn't like him. There are a hundred explanations for her behaviour. I'm just saying that he shouldn't stress over one girl. Move on, if she liked you, she will contact you. If she didn't, you saved yourself some headaches thinking about her.

When you asked her out, were there enough days in between where she could plan her schedule? Did you ask her to go out for a coffee, dinner or something similar? Idk if she gets it that you like her through an invite to play basketball.

Also, a lot of Asians dig tall guys.

My suggestion... Ask her out 1 last time for dinner, stroll, sight seeing, or coffee. If she can't for the fifth time, just drop it. There just can't be too many excuses. I do this when I get asked out and I don't like the person as much. And don't give her anymore attention after she refuses.

Archived