Premed 101 Forums

DAT Prep Advice

Guest LunaJz

Guest LunaJz

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this forum so bare with me. I am planning to write the DAT in Nov 2004 and would just like to get some general advice and answers.

What type of prep material do ppl usually use to study? Like does it matter if I choose to purchase the prep kit from CDA, or Kaplan's DAT prep book?

I've looked over Brunner's in the store and didn't find it too helpful except maybe for the perception part. I've also taken an admission exam before (OAT) so I'm just wondering if there's that much of a difference besides the absence of org chem, and the presence of carving and perception sections.

To anybody who's actually written the DAT, I am wondering if you get to bring your carving tools with you to the exam, or do they provide it there?

Lastly, general soap carving advice. How much practice does one need if you've never done anything like this before?

Thanks.

Guest jughead09

If you check out these headings posted recently by other people with the same questions, you should find some answers. I posted some stuff, hope it helps.:)

"Some General Info - for someone interested in dentistry... "

"Suggestions for practicing soap carving"

Archived