Premed 101 Forums

Some Dental questions

Guest smooth operater

Guest smooth operater

Hello guys! I finished my first yr science, and am looking around different health related that i can pursue in, and ofcourse dentistry is the one of them I am reasearching on.

my GPA in % was 78.74% for first year in a Canadian univeristy. I am wondering with the grade I have so far, is it too far-fetch to apply Canadian/US dental schools in future?

My main goal is to practice in US.

I did lots of EC activities (i.e volunteering, member of clubs) in my first year, and probably will continue next year cuz i enjoy them. I don't know about dental schools in US, but I know Canadian dental school tend to weight GPA heavily than EC's, therefore, Canadian schools are hader to get in in general. So, Do US dental school consider EC's as a big chunck of factor when admitting students from Canada?

Are there many US dental schools welcome Canadian? Where can I find a list of schools that welcome Canadians?

Do most US Dental schools accept Canadian DAT esp. the private ones?

and lastly, How much is the tutition for Canadian without US citizenship to study in US per yr?

Hope someone will help me out as I am in the process to learn more about Dentistry . thank you very much

Archived