Premed 101 Forums

Top tier US schools without English or Humanities requirement?

I'm unfamiliar with which school is considered a top tier school in the US, so it's hard for me to check whether each has English requirements. I do know that Harvard and Hopkins both have requirements though. I have a 3.95+ GPA and 39 MCAT from McGill, with average to above average ECs, which I know puts me in good position for the US but I have zero English courses and don't plan to take any, so I can only look at schools without those requirements.

The top 20 on this list is generally considered top-tier:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/research-rankings

I really suggest you take English if you can, at summer school or something, as almost all of these schools unfortunately need it as a pre-req. Offhand I know WashU doesn't need it, but you'd have to check which other ones don't

• 1 month later...
I'm unfamiliar with which school is considered a top tier school in the US, so it's hard for me to check whether each has English requirements. I do know that Harvard and Hopkins both have requirements though. I have a 3.95+ GPA and 39 MCAT from McGill, with average to above average ECs, which I know puts me in good position for the US but I have zero English courses and don't plan to take any, so I can only look at schools without those requirements.

even some schools that require it might wave it unofficially.. if you WANT to know an official answer, I would call their admissions department..especially since you aren't part of the current cycle they won't be able to "make the connection" of who you are, even if you choose to ignore what they tell you.

Archived