Premed 101 Forums

Dental Students Are HOT!

Guest TheDDSDude

Guest TheDDSDude

Now, I don't know if this is true but I remember when I was writing my DAT, I heard this girl say to the proctor who was a dental student that dental students seem more attractive than med students based on the class composite. This is something I noticed as well. In many of the U of T class composites, the people were all attractive, better than average looking to very attractive and very good looking people.

When I was at Columbia I noticed the same thing. However, when I was interviewing at another dental school (don't wanna say the name), that was not the case. But I was wondering if this is just my perception or if you noticed the same thing?

I really don't want to offend anyone but I thought this was an interesting point...do they screen people during the interviews?

If that is the case, why did I get accepted?

Guest All Good Names are Used

I hope its true, bring on the hotties! But if it is true i'm sure its a coincidence and not planned by the dental schools!:lol

Its good to see some life back in this forum though DDSdude:smokin

Guest toothy jr

Don't expect the same to be true with the UWO class composite. They did away with the photographer and now just put in the student ID card photos. Not only that, whoever puts the composite together has no graphics editing skills and a lot of students' faces got stretched/squished.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moz donor

this is something i noticed too!! lol i guess its because people who get into dentistry mainly like the money... people who like money like to look good and take care of themselves! thats why they look good. In the case of med school, some of them just want to be a doctor to help people :S and some other want to get into med school so bad that they dont care about how they look and invest all their time studying! For example, me, I study, but I know my limits! I do my clubbing and i go out when I have spare time! and im happy with my grades! BUT this really is true afterall!, from the female friends i have that want to get into dentistry, they are all hot!! maybe I just to get to know the not looking one hehe I cant really judge guys though; they prolly are too! haha we all are ;) :b

Guest TheDDSDude

Hey Moz Donor you in Toronto bro?

I love to club as well. Clubbing is awesome. All I do is club, shop, workout, go out with buds(drink), and the "girlfriend

stuff"...

I hear U of T has alotta hotties.

In terms of premed students investing all their time in studying to get in, I think that's sad, coz if you're gonna do something well, it's even cooler when you can do it in style.

Having said that with respect to school I go to the gym more than I go to class. It's really a sad waste of time to be studying all the time...

I can vouch!

Guest moz donor

Hey, yup, gta actually, sauga! thats good man, have the potentials of a nerd but dont look or act like one. Thats what I love about canada! I think we'r in an age that we must learn to devide our time. Spending all your time studing or all your time clubbing and having fun is not the right way, as majority, almost 95% of students do this! But they don't know that they can have both at once! Have fun, enjoy your teenage years (im still 17, skipped gr 12 :( LOL) or 20s and do well in university, have a fantastic future!! this is life!! the american dream isn't so far away! :b

Guest getitonthefloor

Yo moz and DDS,

Man...sauga don't count as GTA...damn. Y'all juss on the outside looking in. It's cool though. No hard feelings.

Peace.

Guest toothy jr

hmm, GTA technically should include york, durham and peel/halton. The old Metro does not include those regions though. Never lived in 'sauga but I just know the 401 is

always congested there when I drive home from London. :(

Guest TheDDSDude

Getitonthefloor, I said my parents live in Sauga, doesn't mean I live in Sauga...:P

I just got back from clubbing...just checkin' some email before bed...and internet..

Guest getitonthefloor

Yo Double Ds,

What clubs do you hit in Toronto? Since you're a clubber-clubber dude, maybe you can tell those who are gonna be moving to T.O. where the hottest spots are on a Friday & Saturday night.

Guest TheDDSDude

I personally like Distrikt on Friday nights but that's not for everyone... I like guvernment on Saturdays because I like that kinda music (trance/techno/house). If you like hip hop DJ Baby Yu spins on Fridays at Guv I believe. Sky bar is good too but the crowd is older. Money is always a good club, but kinda $$$$.

Guest moz donor

hit 108 @ sauga too;) lol yeah guvernment rules too... its huge! try this website: www.clubbingsource.ca/ gives you the best info to have a great night!

hehehe about gta,... really? i didnt know we werent part of gta!! well that doesnt change a lot i guess im there most of the time (toronto) haha.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sweetyork

Hi, I just completed my first year at UofT dent. Although I don`t think being "hot" is one of the criteria to get in, dental faculties does puts a lot of emphasis on proper atire and apperence. In fact, for those of you who are coming to UofT, you will find out that there are even regulations on how you can wear your hair or beard ("current style") let alone clothes. I do admit that the photographer is good, but it`s true that good looks seem to be a common theme in UofT. That`s not to say that bad looking people have no chance (I am a living proof). If you have a high GPA, you can get in, no matter how low your "hotness" is. Just remember, don`t go to the interviews in an attire that didn`t set you back a couple of bucks. My friend didn`t put much effort on how he dressed and that costed him dearly (personal opinion). Well, I`ll shut it now.

Archived