Premed 101 Forums

When to apply?

Guest anniezzang

Guest anniezzang

I'm going in to 4th year in U ot T this following September. Having said that, if I want to go into any of dental school (it possible)after 4th year, when should I apply?

I'm writing DAT in coming November. Is it possible for me to apply w/o DAT? Cuz the results won't be released by the time I apply.

Thank you

Guest LestatZinnie

of course you can apply without DAT. but you have to write the Nov DAT so that the schools will receive it early 2005. just make sure you do well on the DAT because there's no time to do a second one if you want to be in class of 2009 (although one or two schools do accept feb DAT...forgot which ones)

Guest anniezzang

you said if I apply this year without DAT which will be provided as soon as the result's released, I'm going into the class of 2009?

Although I apply this year, I'll get into the class of 2009? not 2005?

Guest LestatZinnie

class of 2009 = you graduate in 2009

that's the teriminology....

for example if you got in this year, i.e. starting school this september, you're in the class of 2008.

hope this is clear..:D

Guest babytooth

It doesn't hurt to apply as early as you can. U of A application for class of 2009 is July sometime I think. I applied during the first possible application week for the class of 2008 and I was accepted. Of course I'm one case, but you never know. It certainly shows you're really keen and organized if you apply as early as you can.

Archived