Premed 101 Forums

Is NOSM your top choice?

Where does NOSM fall on your priority list?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Where does NOSM fall on your priority list?

• NOSM was my only interview
    • Top priority (1st)
    • High priority (2nd)
    • Medium priority (3rd / 4th)
    • Low priority (below 5th)

Hey all,

Me again :D I am creating a poll to get an idea of where NOSM falls on the priority list (i.e. which schools you would accept first if you got multiple acceptances) of people who got an interview at NOSM this year.

The options are as follows:

NOSM was my only interview

Top priority (1st)

High priority (2nd)

Medium priority (3rd / 4th)

Low priority (below 5th)

Thanks in advance to all those who participate :D

If there was a "only interview but if I had been given others (or applied to other schools, as this is the only school I applied to this cycle) NOSM would still be #1" that would be my choice :)

Completely hear ya! I wish I could add that option on, but it looks like it's too late to modify the poll. I'll be sure to put that option in next time if I'm reapplying next year. Thank you greatly to all those who have participated in the poll so far :D

Thank you greatly to all those who participated in the poll thus far! I just did a small update on the Queens poll, so I thought would do the same for NOSMs.

As a disclaimer, I should note that very little can be inferred from this poll regarding the potential waitlist movement because of numerous confounding factors (e.g. the many problems associated with non-randomized survey participation, potential fraudulent reporting (i.e. trolls), the dynamic nature of decision making, and the uncertainty of people who selected NOSM as a 2nd choice or lower getting their top choice) and the current very low number of participants. Even with accurate reporting and randomization, the confidence interval at a 95% confidence level would be ~22 for the % of respondents that chose NOSM as top choice or only choice vs those that chose NOSM as 2nd or lower. In other words, as a best case scenario (i.e. the biased effects of non-randomization and troll interference in this poll are minimal), one could be 95% certain that the % of applicants who are considering NOSM as second choice or lower lies somewhere between %21 - %64. Of course, the % of applicants that will turn down NOSM is guaranteed to be lower than the % who chose NOSM as a second choice and depends on the success of those applicants getting their first choice. Overall, I would be very cautious in drawing any inferences from this poll.

Nonetheless, the results are certainly interesting thus far and is close to what I expected. If there are any other NOSM interviewees who have not yet participated, I'm sure all of us who have would be very grateful for your participation :D Once again, thank you and I hope all of you are coping well with the wait for May 14th!

Archived