Premed 101 Forums

How did you rank the campuses?

this was my understanding too last year, but seems to differ from what the presenters on interview day said. just rank them to be safe I'd say? there's no reason to leave empty rank spots.

also keep in mind that k/w and niagara do their core rotations in their respective cities, so you do lose face-time with hamilton programs (ie 6 weeks CTU at Hamilton), if that's a priority for you.

one major way my viewpoint changed from last year is the home-program advantage for residency programs: HHS has excellent programs and as a mac med you (may) get a leg up from my understanding, by virtue of increased face time etc.

That being said, the faculty you do rotations with in k/w and niagara are still McMaster faculty.

For ranking the campuses, the e-mail is supposed to be sent out after your interview weekend, right? I had to leave right after the MMI finished so I heard nothing about it at the interview. Anyways, I think I read in this thread or in another thread that that's the case, but it would be nice to have some confirmation from my fellow applicants.

For ranking the campuses, the e-mail is supposed to be sent out after your interview weekend, right? I had to leave right after the MMI finished so I heard nothing about it at the interview. Anyways, I think I read in this thread or in another thread that that's the case, but it would be nice to have some confirmation from my fellow applicants.

Yes, you should get an e-mail about it soon! I got mine a couple of days after my interview.

The campus ranking email came today!

My ranking:

1. Hamilton (because it's the main campus)

2. Niagara

3. Waterloo

Niagara and Waterloo were pretty much tied for me. Ranked Niagara higher because of the slightly newer facilities and also because it seems like a really nice place to live!

Just got my survey in the mail! For the beginning of the survey, do you guys know if you should be putting in your ITXXXXXXX or the one that starts with 2013-XXXXXX. Looks like the 2013 one I'm guessing because that's officially called "OUAC/OMSAS number", the other one (IT....) is a "user ID" or "Reference Number". If it is the number that starts with 2013-XXXXXX, should you include the 2013?

Sorry if this is super obvious- I'm just paranoid about mistyping and not getting another chance!

Thanks so much for any help :)

Just got my survey in the mail! For the beginning of the survey, do you guys know if you should be putting in your ITXXXXXXX or the one that starts with 2013-XXXXXX. Looks like the 2013 one I'm guessing because that's officially called "OUAC/OMSAS number", the other one (IT....) is a "user ID" or "Reference Number". If it is the number that starts with 2013-XXXXXX, should you include the 2013?

Sorry if this is super obvious- I'm just paranoid about mistyping and not getting another chance!

Thanks so much for any help :)

It's the 2013-XXXXXX number, and you only put the second half (the 6 numbers). It's also on the top of your interview letter if you have it handy. They do say in the email though that if you don't have it to just enter any 6-number sequence so that your survey will be processed, so I don't think it's the end of the world if you get it wrong. :)

Archived