Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie OT?

I applied to Dal OT! I feel my chances of getting in are not good given that there are only 25 seats to OOP applicants and my GPA is not stellar (3.61)... hopefully they put a lot of weight on the academic references?? Fingers crossed on my end! I wish they had asked for PSEs and resumes like the Ontario schools did... I feel like my strongest assets don't get revealed through my courses and marks or even my references.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone hear from dal?

I'm in Honolulu right now and won't be back for another week.

Never received an email, so I assume there is a rejection letter waiting in my mailbox at home.

Just curious. I did get into UAlberta, so I am happy with that.:)

I figure as of now no news is better than negative news... I'm wondering if they wait to send out things to oop applicants until they have a better idea of who is accepting from an Atlantic province? Idk... I don't have high hopes, given that there are only 25 spots for oop applicants, but I guess there is still a chance since there has been no negative reply as of yet!

Hi Guys,

I'm a long time follower of this forum, but this is my first time posting.

On May 2nd, I received an email from Dalhousie Occupational Therapy stating that I was recommended for admission for the 2013 intake. From what I understand, this was their first round offers and they will be following with subsequent offers depending on the level of acceptance from the first round.

Best of luck to you all !!

I need a roommate for the Fall and it would be nice to find one soon !! :)

Nothing!! I am thinking maybe today?? Since it is exactly two weeks since the first round seems to have gone out?

I am standing by my theory that they are contacting atlantic province applicants first to find out exactly how many spots they will be able to offer to oop applicants, haha. Makes me feel slightly better about the silence...

Hi Guys,

I'm a long time follower of this forum, but this is my first time posting.

On May 2nd, I received an email from Dalhousie Occupational Therapy stating that I was recommended for admission for the 2013 intake. From what I understand, this was their first round offers and they will be following with subsequent offers depending on the level of acceptance from the first round.

Best of luck to you all !!

I need a roommate for the Fall and it would be nice to find one soon !! :)

Hey, I got in too :) Depending on what happens in the next month I might be moving out there from Alberta!

Archived