Premed 101 Forums

Need advice

jaynh

I have a Masters degree, AMCAS cGPA of 3.83 (OMSAS cGPA of 3.69) in my undergrad with an upward trend and a 32R (11PS, 9VR, 12BS). I have average ECs: a few research internships, a patent, executives of a few clubs, volunteering at a long term care facility who cater to Alzheimer patients, working with children and teenagers who suffered some type of brain trauma, etc.

I was unable to receive a interview at Canadian schools this past cycle. I was planning to apply to American schools this year. I was wondering if i should apply to mid or lower tier schools; any specific school suggestions would be great.

I also have not completed the full-year English course that most American schools require. It seems like it might be too late for me to apply for a class this summer. I plan on taking the course in fall. Would I be at a disadvantage (having my file reviewed later) for not having the English requirement?

I have a Masters degree, cGPA of 3.83 in my undergrad with an upward trend and a 32R (11PS, 9VR, 12BS). I have average ECs: a few research internships, a patent, executives of a few clubs, volunteering at a long term care facility who cater to Alzheimer patients, working with children and teenagers who suffered some type of brain trauma, etc.

I was unable to receive a interview at Canadian schools this past cycle. I was planning to apply to American schools this year. I was wondering if i should apply to mid or lower tier schools; any specific school suggestions would be great.

I also have not completed the full-year English course that most American schools require. It seems like it might be too late for me to apply for a class this summer. I plan on taking the course in fall. Would I be at a disadvantage (having my file reviewed later) for not having the English requirement?

Everything looks good from my POV except your MCAT.

What province are you IP for?

I would try to get your VR score up and then you should be sailing.

I have a Masters degree, AMCAS cGPA of 3.83 (OMSAS cGPA of 3.69) in my undergrad with an upward trend and a 32R (11PS, 9VR, 12BS). I have average ECs: a few research internships, a patent, executives of a few clubs, volunteering at a long term care facility who cater to Alzheimer patients, working with children and teenagers who suffered some type of brain trauma, etc.

i would recommend you apply to 20-30 schools in the US..a combination of mid and low tier, and also check to make sure they have been accepting international students (not just interviewing) using the MSAR or US News sources. i think you have a decent chance.

I think you have a decent chance. I have similar stats as you (including the 9VR) and you might even have better ECs. I applied to ~15-20 mostly mid tiers and got interviews to several and accepted into 1. Good luck!

Archived