Premed 101 Forums

Do OT schools from different provinces know of our acceptances to different schools?

Hello,

I have been accepted to UofA for OT (so happy and excited), and I have to send in my confirmation of admission in a week. I really want to get in to UofT but I won't know until May 17! Does ORPAS know if I've accepted admission to a school outside of the province??? I want to make sure ORPAS will still consider me for UofT and Western for OT.

Thanks!

I don't see how they would know. ORPAS is it's own private system for schools within Ontario. You can accept Ottawa and Toronto at the same time because Ottawa uses their own separate system. It's just most costly for you if Alberta makes you pay a deposit and then you have to pay another ORPAS deposit later, but I don't know anything about that.:rolleyes:

haha yes I'm feeling my bank account quickly depleting already, that's fore sure :). Must not take any chances though and accept UofA, just in case! Thanks for your help!

Yeah I would accept it for sure! How much of a deposit are you required to put down to confirm your enrolment? Just curious in case I am put in the same position for PT. Thanks!

Archived