Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS vs. AMCAS gpa

I was wondering what the approximate difference between peoples OMSAS gpa and AMCAS gpa is usually? If people could let me know how much their gpa went up, that would be great!

Really hard to put a general number on it since it depends on how consistent your marks are. For me, the increase is 0.1, which isn't too bad since the maximum you could increase in theory is 0.3. You'll see the greatest increase if a large majority of your marks are 80 to 84 and you're at an institution where 80+ is converted to a 4.0.

Really hard to put a general number on it since it depends on how consistent your marks are. For me, the increase is 0.1, which isn't too bad since the maximum you could increase in theory is 0.3. You'll see the greatest increase if a large majority of your marks are 80 to 84 and you're at an institution where 80+ is converted to a 4.0.

Am I understanding the AMCAS gpa correctly? I thought a grade above 80 or A is equal to 4.0 in AMCAS, whereas gpa in OSMAS will vary from 3.7 to 3.9.

Am I understanding the AMCAS gpa correctly? I thought a grade above 80 or A is equal to 4.0 in AMCAS, whereas gpa in OSMAS will vary from 3.7 to 3.9.

Depends on the conversion scale they use for your school, which depends on how your school grades. There's a whole separate threat about that

Archived