Premed 101 Forums

Any older dental students ever seen

Guest Janice

Guest Janice

Hi I was wondering if anybody has ever seen older dental students ie late 20's early 30's in dental school.

Is there a bias against them?

thank you

Guest DDS15

Hello,

The average entering age in my class was about 24, oldest in their early 30s, youngest being 20.

No bias, although i have noticed that the older students may have a husband/wife already, in some cases a baby. IN which case, they arn't as likely to come out to party.

Other than that, just one big family.

Guest PeterHill0501

Hmmm...I just turned 39 and have applied to med school. There didn't seem to be any bias (except positive) as evidenced by the fact that I got interviews. We will be hearing first week of June whether we're accepted or waitlisted...I'll post back then!

DDS15, with respect to not partying...man...I've got two kids...and you can bet I still take time for myself...I'll be one of the first out there...it's a matter of taking care of yourself as well. If you know people like this...help them regain some time for themselves!

Guest toothy

in my class there's one PhD and a handful of MSc's. They don't "come out to play" at night (actually neither do I) but I think they are treated fairly equal to anyone else. After all, we all graduate with the same thing, and the students here all respect and appreciate the time and effort they put into their extra degrees.

Guest BC guy

my uncle graduated from dent when he was 22, and the oldest person in his class was 45 yrs old when he graduated back in 1976 (in Canada) and both are still practicing.

Archived