Premed 101 Forums

Questions for UofA OT students

I am wondering if any of the successful applicants heard anything after you sent in your confirmation form. I sent mine in a couple weeks ago, my deadline was yesterday, and of course I'm having nightmares that it got lost in the mail...

Thanks!!

Hey,

I sent my confirmation form about two weeks ago, and got the official admission letter to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research yesterday. Have you checked your ualberta email account? It was sent into my student email account.

After I got the email, I also checked Bear Tracks. Finally it is said "Accepted" not "Decision pending".

Awesome thanks for the info! :D

I am assuming that mine will be updated soon as well, if I don't hear anything tomorrow, I will send Michelle an e-mail (poor lady must get millions of messages a day!).

Yes I checked my ualberta account, nothing there

Awesome thanks for the info! :D

I am assuming that mine will be updated soon as well, if I don't hear anything tomorrow, I will send Michelle an e-mail (poor lady must get millions of messages a day!).

Yes I checked my ualberta account, nothing there

I wouldn't be too uneasy if I were you! I too only received my official admission from the Faculty of Graduate Study yesterday, but my deadline was April 26th.

It seems to take some time for things to go through. Don't worry! :)

I received my official letter of admission in my ualberta email yesterday. However, I'm confused by it. It states:

Your admission is subject to the following condition(s):

- Receipt of an official transcript for coursework completed in Winter 2013 from this University.

This documentation must be received in our office by July 1, 2014.

Does anyones letter also say this? I'm confused as I never took courses in winter 2013 from UofA. Then again, it says "July 1, 2014" so is that AFTER we start the program?

Just wondering if this was written specifically for me or if it is standardized in all the letters. Please let me know!!

Perhaps it means your final transcripts? I assume you took courses in winter 2013 and they would be requesting that final transcript by June. It's like that for other universities as well.

I thought so, except I graduated May 2012. Sigh. Guess I'll see what Ontario has to tell me before I figure this out. It just seems really odd!

Ahhhh. that all makes sense now.

I WAS starting a course online, mentioned it in my application, but the only reason I was taking it was because it was a prereq for UBC OT and after my application for UofA was sent in I realized I didn't have the money for the course and had to drop it.

I really hope something so small doesn't come up to bite me and accuse me of falsifying my application? really worried now.

Archived