Premed 101 Forums

Based on my stats, how are my school choices?

cGPA: 3.82

MCAT: 38 (14BS, 10VR, 14PS)

ECs: 5 years as first-aid, Volunteer tutor for 2 years with a charity organization, teach anatomy to college students at the university, worked in an anatomy lab, 6 years of bodybuilding (non-competitively), 9 years of guitar, random other little events.

Based on the feedback I've gotten from you guys, I decided to add a few more top-tiers.

Harvard, Duke, Case Western, Boston U, Sinai, Washington in St. Louis, Yale, Hopkins

With that GPA, while good, you might not have a good shot at WashU, Hopkins, Harvard, or Duke. They usually accept people with avg. GPA of about 3.88+. Never hurts to try.

Great MCAT score, ideal for american schools! And ECs don't seem too shabby. Just go for it and see how things turn out. Best of luck!

Yup, great stats, just go for it -- apply to as many schools as you can afford :) Consider Stanford, Northwestern, AECOM, NYU, Cornell, Columbia, assuming they all still take Canadians. At the top tier it is a bit of a crapshoot, and "fit" and all that, so you never know till you try. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

just a quick update. I'm considering adding U Chicago (Pritzker), New york university, and dartmouth as well. could anybody provide insight towards these schools?

I don't have research, so if any of these schools (or any of the ones on my original list) heavily favor it, I'd appreciate a heads up, so I could cut it from my list.

Archived