Premed 101 Forums

McMaster's pt experiences

I'm wondering if anyone would be able to share their experiences or knowleddge of Mac's PT program (what to expect, what thoughts they had on the community, how were placements, accessible/inaccessible, do you recommend driving, what is PBL and how helpful are profs with self based learning, what is the transit like, residence vs. living off campus,etc). Any help is very appreciated and if there are similar thread I can be directed to it would be much appreciated!!!!!

Guest Physioprospect
I'm wondering if anyone would be able to share their experiences or knowleddge of Mac's PT program (what to expect, what thoughts they had on the community, how were placements, accessible/inaccessible, do you recommend driving, what is PBL and how helpful are profs with self based learning, what is the transit like, residence vs. living off campus,etc). Any help is very appreciated and if there are similar thread I can be directed to it would be much appreciated!!!!!

Everyone I have ever talked to that went there really did not end up liking the PBL format. Its a nice thing to do at times but when ALL your learning is like that it wastes a lot of time researching... instead of being given the information in a nice concise format, and you dont get the clincial hands on help from the profs like you do at other schools.

Guest Physioprospect

It boggles my mind that you can study PT with only 6 hours of lecture. We had close to 30 hrs per week and it still didn't seem like enough time, we'd just fly through topics. I don't get how you can teach clinical skills to yourself by reading.

Archived